Earth day is celebrated every year across the globe to raise awareness and encourage action on the various environmental challenges that face us all. This year we have the perfect opportunity to reflect on what’s important to us and what we value. A lot of us have realised that one of those things is the world around us. We want to do something to help but sometimes it can be hard to know where to start or what to do. Here’s my top tip: Start small, start simple. Easier said than done right? Well that’s why we’ve put together a few ideas that might help. These everyday things may seem like they have no impact but trust us, it all adds up. You can make a difference.
- Turn off the tap when you brush your teeth.
- Ditch that plastic bottle and use a reusable water bottle – super easy and great for your health!
- Beeswax wraps for your sandwiches instead of Clingfilm or tinfoil. Naturally antibacterial, all you do is wipe clean and they last and last and last.
- Get yourself a good reusable coffee cup and you’ll be thanking us for years, mine holds heat for aaaaaages. WAY better than disposable.
- Start a compost heap. Ok this one is a little bit more involved but trust us, it’s worth it. Pretty easy to set up, a great way to use your veg peelings AND you get free garden compost! Win win.